If you think your father is the best in the entire world, you might be tempted to shower him with gifts. But there are less expensive ways to show your love and appreciation. Check out the following cheap – but still special – ways to celebrate Father’s Day without breaking the bank.
• Get artsy. Whip out your “inner artist” and make dad a homemade card. It worked like a charm when you were five, so why not now? Plus, you will save some cash on a store-bought card.
• Get personal. Gift certificates can be expensive. But what about a coupon of your own creation? Perhaps he’d like a massage, a coupon to clean his car or a night off from taking out the trash – all of which you can do for absolutely free.
• Get outside. Few fathers would argue with simply spending quality time with his offspring. Research a nice hike he might like or pack a picnic and take it fishing.
• Get cooking. You’ve heard the saying, “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.” Cook him a breakfast buffet, dinner feast or homemade pastry basket.
• Get on the phone. Not living nearby anymore? Pick up the phone to tell your dad how much he means to you.
You don’t have to spend loads of cash to make dad happy. All you need is some creativity!by sophie