As you might know, many credit card issuers offer a rewards-based system that earns you neat bonuses like extra cash and flight miles. Of course, nothing in this world is free – there may be additional fees and other charges. But in some cases it might be totally worth it. Check out this list of the different rewards offered by credit card issuers.
• Cash. Some cards offer reward dollars if you spend a certain amount of money in a specific amount of time. Sometimes this is called earning “cash back.”
• Discounts. The more you spend, the more you save – maybe at your favorite department store or downtown restaurant.
• Miles. Flights are expensive. But you can rack up free miles by using your credit card to, say, buy groceries. There are credit cards tied to specific airlines and ones that don’t specify an airline. Some cards also offer unlimited airport lounge access around the world.
• Hotels. Using your credit card for purchases can earn you points you can use for free nights’ stay at hotels.
• Business. Need office supplies, a new desk chair or to pay for dinner with clients? You could earn a percentage of your money back by using a credit card.
The most important thing when considering the different credit card rewards options is research. It is imperative to understand what you’re getting – and at what cost.by sophie